5 Most Underrated NBA Players of 2012
- Field Goals Made - 533(5th in NBA)
- Field Goal % - .541(7th in NBA)
- Minutes Played - 2313(6th in NBA)
- Offensive Rebounds - 210(T-8th in NBA)
- Total Points Scored - 1303(7th most in NBA)
4. Josh Smith - Atlanta Hawks
This season however, Smith has taken new form. Evenly spreading his talents to put his team in the best position to win, Smith has actually earned himself a spot among the leagues best in many categories.
- Field Goals Made - 486(7th in NBA)
- Total Rebounds - 613(10th in NBA)
- Steals - 91(T-15th in NBA)
- Blocks - 115(T-7th in NBA)
- Total Points Scored - 1198(10th in NBA)
However, what doesn't necessarily translate in the stat column is his efficiency and shot selection. Andre has improved in shooting percentages in both FG (.445 - .455) and 3-PT (.337 - .394). Above all else is the leadership Iguodala has exuded with a core of younger, very talented players and beside another veteran in Elton Brand. By dropping his scoring and still managing to lead the team in assists (5.4apg), he's enabled the Sixers to fight for the final two playoff spots in the East.
- Total Assists - 330(20th in NBA)
- Total Minutes Played - 2168(13th in NBA)
- Steals - 106(6th in NBA)
Granger is another playoff product of intangible leadership qualities. He and a young, tough Pacers team managed embrace the 3rd seed in the East handily beat a Dwight Howard-less Magic team to advance to the 2nd round.
He now faces the greatest of all tests. Taking on the Miami Heat.
- 3-pt Field Goals Made - 123(T-5th in NBA)
- Free Throws Made - 254(15th in NBA)
- Total Points Scored - 1159(15th in NBA)
Nonetheless, Kevin's ability, talent-level and importance to the team goes far beyond explanation. He stacks up among the NBA's best in these categories,
- Minutes Played - 2145(14th in NBA)
- Field Goals Made - 474(9th in NBA)
- 3-pt Field Goals Made - 105(T-19th in NBA)
- Free Throws Made - 379(4th in NBA)
- Offensive Rebounds - 225(5th in NBA)
- Defensive Rebounds - 508(3rd in NBA)
- Total Rebounds - 733(2nd in NBA)
- Total Points Scored - 1432(5th in NBA)